- The job consists of about 75% Backend and 25% Frontend software development.
- Create new features within the business.
- Extend existing features.
- Analyse insurance related problems, finding and developing solutions.
- Work on Financial Accounting related code.
- Work on Insurance Underwriting and claim related code.
- Create PDF reports via FOP.
- Write code to generate and / or extend MS Excel and MS Word documents (POI).
- Write Java code to integrate with 3rd party Web Services.
- Extend RESTful Web Services API.
- Work on the CSV and XML importation engines.
- New integrations into 3rd party (insurer and bank) systems.
- Work on the Rules Engine.
- Java 11 or higher
- Spring Framework
- JSP and JSTL
- PostgreSQL or other relational DB
- JUnit 4 or higher
- Apache Tomcat
- Thymeleaf Template Engine
- POI and iText
- Selenium browser-based test automation
- Apache CXF
- Spring Tool Suite
- DBeaver and PG Admin
- Business Analysis
- Writing of Specifications
- Microservices via Spring Boot
- Spring Security
- Subversion and Tortoise
- Jenkins Automation Server
- Project Management
- Financial Accounting
- Linux knowledge / experience
- Google Cloud administration
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.