SERVE as the first point of contact to a diverse range of international clients providing remote support and escalation as your technical ability as a Tier 1 Support Engineer is sought by a fast-paced global provider of Managed Service and Cloud Solutions. Your role will also include Case hygiene, creating Standard Operation Procedure (SOP/KB), detailed resolution summary and mentoring lower Tiers. The ideal candidate will require a Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering or at least 2 years hands-on experience in an IT Desktop/Server Support role with essential proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory/Exchange Hybrid Configuration & Office 365 (Admin Center). It would also be preferred if in addition, you have a MCSE/MCP Certification.
- First response customer interaction, triage and information gathering.
- Extensive communication; Inbound and outbound calls, email and internal communications.
- Case hygiene; creation, classification, escalation and management.
- Accurate time logging.
- Remote support on and array of hardware and support systems.
- Adhere to business processes and procedures.
- Standard Operation Procedure (SOP/KB) creation.
- Detailed resolution summary.
- Requires 24/7 shift rotation and working from the office.
- Mentor lower Tiers.
- Can serve as an escalation point.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or minimum 2 – years hands on experience in an IT Desktop/Server support role.
- Windows desktop – Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft Active Directory / Exchange Hybrid Configuration.
- Microsoft Office 365 (Admin Center).
- MCSE/MCP certification or qualifications.
- Microsoft Server 2012 and above.
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange 2013 and above.
- Knowledge of –
- Microsoft Azure (AZ900, AZ103)
- Microsoft 365 (MS900, MD-100MD-101, MS-100MS-101)
- Monitoring systems (PRTG)
- PSA tools (Service Now)
- RMM tools (Kaseya, LogMeIn)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.