Senior Tibco BPM Developer
The main purpose of this position is to Design, Develop and Support BPM Solutions using Primarily the Tibco stack of BPM tools.
Additional responsibilities include providing technical assistance to Production and Testing support teams, participating in internal initiatives like continuous improvement programs and performing limited after hours work where required.
Being a senior role, responsibilities also extend to mentoring junior team members, assisting in analysing, and improving internal procedures and processes and taking responsibility on a technical level for complex BPM solutions.
Key Deliverables / Primary Functions:
- Develop and test BPM functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
- Review BPM functional designs to ensure that they conform to “as-designed BPM architecture”.
- Supervise BPM processes and functional design activities
- Supervise BPM application build, test, and deploy activities
- Produce specifications, architectural designs, interface specifications
- Interact with users to understand BPM requirements underpinning application requirements
- Ensure provision of technical support through the project life cycle
Functional Skills and Knowledge Required:
- BPM Best Practices
- Data Communications Protocols/ Technologies including HTTP, JMS, EJB, SOAP REST etc.
- Service Oriented Architecture and BPM principles
- Core Technologies such as XML and XML Schema, Web Services, JSON etc
- Strong mastery of the Java J2EE development framework.
- Understanding and proficiency in RESTful architecture principles.
- Incident Management
- Project Management
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Customer focussed
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ownership and Accountability
- Promoting a culture of excellence
- Team player – We succeed/fail together
- Business Orientated
- Open minded
Relevant 3-year degree/ diploma (NQF level 7).
At least 5 years’ experience as a BPM developer At least 3 years relevant Development experience on the TIBCO software stack, preferably Tibco AMXBPM
Occasional development standby for 3rd level support during testing and for production outages.
Ability to effectively work remotely.