A fast-paced global provider of Managed Service and Cloud Solutions seeks a highly skilled a Tier 2 Support Engineer who will provide technical insight & superb customer support to a global client base. You will troubleshoot, diagnose and fix mostly Microsoft technologies as well as other 3rd party systems while helping Senior Engineer to with the delivery of complex projects. The successful candidate must have strong Microsoft Azure including Subscription creation/management, VM support both inside and outside of guest OS, managed SQL instances, Microsoft 365 – Exchange Online (All aspects), Active Directory, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business (All aspects), MS Teams, VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, FortiGate, Barracuda, Cisco, Veeam, Backup Exec, Arcserve.
- Provide Senior level support of cloud hosted services via email, phone and remote support to a client base in the UK, Europe, Asia, US and South Africa.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and fix most Microsoft technologies as well as other third-party systems.
- Get involved with Senior Engineers to deliver complex projects.
- Assist with mentorship of team members.
- Provide technical insight and expertise to queries from internal team members and customers.
- Create knowledge base documentation for procedures.
Microsoft Azure –
- Subscription creation/management
- RBAC role configuration
- VM support both inside and outside of guest OS (Server 2012 thru 2019, Linux, NVA appliances)
- Networking (Network Security Groups/Firewall, Switch, VLAN, VPN, Cisco)
- Application Gateway/WAF/Azure Front Door (Rule configuration, troubleshooting etc.)
- VPN Gateways
- Knowledge of PRTG system
- Azure Firewall
- AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service)
- Managed SQL instances
- Azure Virtual Desktop (Gold Image Creation/Manipulation, Azure File Services)
- Log Analytics configuration for monitoring
- Azure Backup
- Azure Site Recovery (Setup, Troubleshooting etc.)
Microsoft 365 –
- Exchange Online (All aspects)
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Active Directory
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Exchange [Phone Number Removed]; & Microsoft Server Roles 2008 / 2012
- SharePoint Online (All aspects)
- OneDrive for Business (All aspects)
- Security and Compliance
- Microsoft Teams
Crossover with traditional IT Services which includes support/configuration of –
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer)
- VDI (Citrix XenApp, Horizon View)
- Clustered Storage (NetApp, Synology, Dell EMC)
- Firewalls (FortiGate, Barracuda, Cisco)
- Skype For Business
- Backups (Veeam, Backup Exec, Arcserve)
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.