Our client holds the constant belief that it’s not only about money and numbers, but the lives and futures of all the people who are impacted by the work they do. With specialised capabilities in frontier and emerging markets, and a passion for Africa and China, our client provides independent advice, analyses and reporting for asset owners, investment managers, hedge funds, private equity firms, service providers and brokers.
- Developing a portfolio management system.
- Expanding / maintaining the system, from the data layers right through to the UI level.
- Working with users, Business Analysts and Product Owners to understand the requirements.
- Implementation of best practices, e.g., unit test, following good design principles, understanding, and ensuring appropriate testing is carried out.
- Understanding the business impact of technical output.
- Degree in a recognized software development or mathematical field.
Relevant Skills / Experience:
- 3 years’ development experience.
- Experience within the financial sector is beneficial.
- Programming and business analysis skills.
- Thorough understand of software development principles
- Knowledge / exposure to the following:
- SQL (Transact SQL) stored procedures
- Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Web API | Bootstrap | TDD, BDD
- Clear communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical mindset with an interest in new technologies
- Proficient understanding of versioning tools
PS Even if you feel you don’t have all the skills listed or if this spec isn’t what you are looking for, feel free to send your CV as we probably have other opportunities that could interest you. For a more comprehensive and updated list of opportunities that we have on offer, do visit our website – [URL Removed]