- Analyse systems for root cause, impact, workarounds, and permanent fixes.
- Define problem, goal, and acceptance criteria.
- Conduct research on possible solutions and techniques.
- Prepare a work breakdown structure.
- Determine dependencies among deliverables.
- Estimate duration of deliverables.
- Identify risks.
- Document analysis and planning.
- Work with stakeholders to achieve appropriate solutions.
- Follow project plan to develop software.
- Adhere to agreed-upon standards for code.
- Generate and maintain high-quality code.
- Use effective and efficient components & techniques to implement solutions.
- Ensure that all work is tested and fulfills functional requirements before passing on.
- Prepare a test environment, examples, and instructions.
- Review code of peers.
- Deploy changes to live environment.
- Keep the work calendar updated.
- Inform team of whereabouts where relevant.
- Proactively keep supervisor and team updated on risks and problems.
- Be available for queries regarding the system.
- Give guidance to other Developers.
- Share knowledge with peers.
- Provide support to the support staff.
Desired Qualifications –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent preferred.
- Diploma in Development / Programming.
- BIS Multimedia or BSs Computer Science.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- More than 3 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in building large scale backend systems.
- Experience in native mobile app development.
- Experience in large scale hosting and maintenance (e.g., Kubernetes) in a Cloud based or bare-metal UNIX environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing DevOps lifecycles.
- Experience in UI & UX for web and mobile.
- Relational database experience (MySQL, Postgres, etc.).
- Backend Technologies: PHP 7+, Laravel Framework 8+, Kubernetes, Docker, Elasticsearch (multi-cluster HA), PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS S3, AWS CloudFront, AWS IAM, Cloudflare, Nginx, MySQL, NodeJS.
- Mobile Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Cocoapods, iOS 8+ (Foundation, UIKit, AdSupport, WebKit, SafariServices etc.).
- Other: Git.
- Fluent in English.
- Analysis and design methodologies.
- RESTful APIs.
- Google Apps APIs.
- Knowledge of school administration systems.
- Technical specification & documentation.
- Backend Technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Kibana, Datadog, Memcached, Cloudflare, Apache, CouchDB or any NoSQL database.
- Web Technologies: LESS, Any frontend framework such as ReactJS or [URL Removed] Technologies: Objective-C, Swift, Cocoapods, iOS 8+ (Foundation, UIKit, AdSupport, WebKit, SafariServices etc.).
- Other: Azure DevOps, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch.
- Desire to make a real difference.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.