Main purpose of the job:
- To coordinate the data processing and data management activities such as developing standard operating procedures, overseeing data capturing, and providing analysis output and data quality control
- Wits RHI Research Centre Clinical Research Site – 7 Esselen Street, Hillbrow (3rd to 5th Floor) – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Develop and implement data management work plans
- Develop, implement and maintain all data-related SOPs
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of data management for respective projects
- Quality assures all data captured from patient files in accordance with requirements and SOPs
- Quality assures all data captured into facility registers
- Raise and resolve queries with relevant stakeholders
- Oversee the maintenance of patient files and archiving
- Participate in and represent the data management team at meetings
- Perform daily back-ups
- Provide support for [URL Removed] data capturing and reporting as required
- Import and export data between Data Management software programs
- Generate accurate reports and conduct analysis of the reports as required
- Quality assures monthly data reports from database reports and facility register reports
- Ensure database data is cleaned and quality assured on a monthly basis
- Compare, analyze and interpret data proactively and notify the relevant stakeholders of the findings
- Compile monthly and annual progress reports as required
- Compile ad-hoc data reports as requested for specific evaluation outputs
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilization and maintenance of sound labor relations
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organization
- Promote harmony, teamwork, and sharing of information
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as forums, conferences, policy setting workshops, etc.
Required minimum education and training:
- Diploma in Information Technology or Statistics (or equivalent)
- A valid driver’s license
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience in data management, analysis, and reporting
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Certification in data analysis programs (STATA, SAS, SQL, and Access)
- Experience working with [URL Removed] with good attention to detail
- Good administrative skills are required together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database packages
- Able to work to deadlines
- Confidentiality, tact, and discretion must be maintained at all times
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 12 July 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC – RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
About The Employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.