- Plan and implement website features in the form of WordPress plugins and/or themes.
- Use Core WordPress APIs to extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Investigate, evaluate, and code review new technologies, services, plugins for project use. Specifically for security, performance, code quality and maintainability.
- Thoughtfully gather requirements for complex problems and break them down into simple solutions.
- Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to execute scope.
- Setup and troubleshooting of –
- Staging and production environments.
- Local development environments.
- Automated code deploys (Bitbucket Pipelines).
- Maintain and extend internal staging server and cross-team build tools.
- Integrate and troubleshooting 3rd-party technologies into projects.
- Conduct site audits and provide recommendations based on performance best practices and Core Web Vitals.
- Able to strategically leverage multiple web technologies to solve complex problems.
- Adept at following scope documents to deliver on client expectations.
- Experience with Composer (Dependency Manager for PHP).
- Familiarity with –
- SASS/SCSS, or other CSS Pre-processor frameworks.
- Popular UI frameworks and patterns (Bootstrap, Foundation, Material UI).
- Creative design tools like Figma, Sketch, and/or Photoshop.
- AJAX, XML, and JSON.
- Experienced with RESTful API integrations.
- Experience with Bash or other shell scripting languages.
- Concurrent versioning systems like GitHub or Bitbucket (Bitbucket is our current preferred platform).
- Strong understanding of SQL and MySQL.
- Capable of managing delivery dates, code quality and readability.
- Experienced with Git: branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing peers’ code.
- Able to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical teammates and clients.
It would be great if you are:
- Comfortable in being Project Lead and communicating with clients should the need arise.
- Comfortable working on MacOS and supporting less technical team members.
- Comfortable working with GA (Universal and GA4) and GTM.
- Experience using Asana for task and project management.
- Experience with Beaver Builder page builder, including extending functionality.
- Experience in the Bedrock WordPress boilerplate.
- Experience with Webpack, npm, or similar tools.
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, or other local container tools –
- Current preferred container platform is Vagrant using VVV local development environment.
- Experience with Twig front-end templating framework.
- Strong Communicator.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.