Psybergate is an IT company that builds bespoke software solutions and provides specialised resourcing for client projects.
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our financial services client based in Johannesburg for a 6-months contract role.
What you will be doing:
- Leverage a solid & deep understanding of the organization strategy to identify, design & deliver relevant, scalable, testable, re-usable technology solutions
- Work with the broader architecture tam to analyse customer requirements & current state business capabilities to support the specification / framing ‘of the business problems we are aiming to solve’ with each solution design or solution evolution
- Leverage expertise in analytical & creative problem solving to synthesise a solution design (build a solution from its components) beyond the analysis of the problem
- Participate in design thinking processes to successfully deliver solution blueprints & associated roadmaps
- Create components of complex end to end solution blueprints / lower complexity solution blueprints & ensure these can be implemented across all phases of the initiative life cycle (ideation through to product launch & commercialization)
- Contribute to the design & implementation of detailed feasibilities & business cases
- Leverage a strong engineering background to make the right choices or contribute to the choices to be made in solution design – this knowledge includes but is not limited to domain driven design, loosely coupled integration, microservices and other modern software design practices
- Work with project / program management teams to design solution roadmaps through which the solution can be implemented across all phases of the initiative life cycle (ideation through to product launch and commercialization)
- Work embedded, as part of a delivery team, to ensure the successful design & implementation of solution blueprints or components thereof
- Ensure that the detail of the solution (across all architecture domains) is accurate to the implementation of the initiative, true to the bank’s architectural principles/preferences, implementable by the different teams involved in the solution
- Work as part of embedded delivery teams to conduct solution reviews, code reviews, testing and other disciplines associated with solution design & delivery
- Ensure a solid understanding of emerging & evolving architectural principles
- Contribute to the architecture body of knowledge
- Contribute to the design & evolution of architectural principles and preferences
- Participate in peer & dev team reviews (code, solution, testing etc.) and transfer knowledge and capability across delivery teams for improved solutioning & evolving architectural practices
- Build & evolve the architectural capability of Delivery teams across the business – through active coaching & information / knowledge sharing
- Proactively identify solution design & delivery risk & associated mitigating strategies throughout the development / initiative lifecycle.
- Apply the organization risk & governance frameworks
- Ensure solution designs align to the organizations regulatory, compliance & governance frameworks
What we are looking for:
- Completed IT Degree or other related field
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Solution Architect
- AWS Associate Certification
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- solution architect