Our client develops and supports software and data solutions across a variety of industries. They want you to get ahead of the market and stay there. They offer a combination of plug and play products that can be integrated with existing systems and processes and can also be customised to client needs. Their capabilities extend to big data engineering and bespoke software development, solutions are available as both cloud-based and hosted.
- Building and operating a content management platform as well as an ingestion and analytics platform.
- Performing data cleansing, aggregation and financial computations.
- Working closely within a team of developers distributed in London, Johannesburg, Cape Town and New Zealand.
Relevant Skills / Experience:
- Ability to pick up a new technology and deliver features in a highly Agile manner.
- Experience writing testable functional Scala in a production grade system.
- Experience using Apache Spark in a production system using Scala with YARN as the resource manager.
- Experience of using a cloud platform to architect and build data pipelines.
- Ability to easily navigate the administration of an Hadoop cluster on a cloud platform.
- Experience using Docker containers to deploy systems.
Work Location / Type:
PS Even if you feel you don’t have all the skills listed or if this spec isn’t what you are looking for, feel free to send your CV as we probably have other opportunities that could interest you. For a more comprehensive and updated list of opportunities that we have on offer, do visit our website – [URL Removed]
- Big Data