To design, maintain, secure, and troubleshoot databases and database servers.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Maintenance and Support:
– Database administration, maintenance, backups, restores, performance tuning, security and troubleshooting are key performance areas.
– Provide proactive performance monitoring and capacity planning for future database and server growth projections.
– Perform database installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations according to SQL best practices.
– Take part in enterprise projects and perform project management tasks to ensure that all requirements are provided on schedule and in accordance with specifications.
– Develop and maintain database documentation.
High availability and Disaster Recovery:
– Develop, maintain, perform, and test database backup and recovery strategies and procedures.
– Oversee tasks of other DBAs in the team and report on database health daily for the environment.
– Research, and evaluate new database trends and technologies and provide best practices and recommendations.
– Work with other teams or third-party service providers on ICT projects.
– Design and implement databases per business information needs and requirements.
Define users and groups and enable data distribution to the right user.
Development / Maintenance:
– Familiarity with programming languages API
– Working knowledge of understanding of T-SQL & SSIS/ETL.
– Support both internal and externally developed systems & processes with other IT support teams.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
– Minimum 5 years of database administration experience
– ICT relevant qualification (NQF Level 7) or equivalent qualification
– Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MSITP) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
(MCSA) in the field of Microsoft SQL Server is required.
o MS SQL [Phone Number Removed]; Windows 2016 – 2022
– ITIL / COBIT Foundation certification
– PowerShell proficiency
– Power BI experience
– Working knowledge of high-availability data solutions (e.g., AlwaysOn) and being able to deploy, maintain and support them.
– Working knowledge of disaster recovery processes, recoveries, and restores is required.
– Experience in selecting the most optimal Microsoft SQL licensing structure.
– Experience in designing SQL Databases
– Experience in SQL Migrations
– Experience in Microsoft programming languages API’s
– Microsoft Cloud Database Certifications e.g. Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
– Customer Service – Knows the customer’s business and/or seeks information about the real underlying needs of the customer beyond those expressed initially
– Flexibility – Decides how to do something based on the situation
– Impact and Influence – Adapts a presentation or discussion to appeal to the interest or level of others
– Organisational Commitment – Act to support the organisation’s mission and goals
– Commitment to professional learning – Keeps up to date with international trends that will have an impact on the field of expertise
– Teamwork – Publicly credits others who have performed well
– Analytical thinking – Identifies multiple elements of a problem and breaks down each of those elements in detail, showing causal relationships between them
– Achievement Orientation – Sets and works to meet challenging goals
– Initiative – Demonstrates the ability to anticipate and proactively manage all the variables involved, to ensure that critical opportunities for the centre are not missed
Will be required to work long hours when necessary.
- ITIL / COBIT
- Power BI
- SQL Migrations