- UI Programming (Swing, HTML5, CSS).
- Integrate third-party solutions (SOAP, REST, iDocs).
- Hardware integration (e.g., card terminal, POS printer, fingerprint sensors).
- Design, prototype and implement new software solutions and extensions.
- Create technical instructions or documentation (UML, Wiki, SDK, etc.).
- Report and line printing using JasperReports, iText.
- University Degree in Information Science, IT Specialist or similar education background.
- 5+ Years’ developing retail Point of Sale solutions, preferably Java-based.
- 5+ Years’ experience developing enterprise solutions in Java.
- A developing understanding of the SAP retail solution offering and integration concepts within this solution offering.
- Strong effective communicator in writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge and understanding of PMLC.
- Experience and knowledge in software ergonomics or UI design
- Knowledge in Eclipse, Spring, SVN, Junit, Webservices, GWT, CI (Jenkins, Nexus)
- Good knowledge of SQL for Oracle and / or SQL Server
- Knowledge of the SAP solution is a strong advantage
- Knowledge of integration to SAP is a strong requirement.
- Strong documentation and meticulous record keeping, including notes from all meetings and decisions taken in projects. Given it is an international project team, documentation is critical to common alignment and achieving results.
- Ability to speak in German is a strong advantage.
- A motivated, proactive and dynamic individual with a constant desire to learn and improve.
- A goal driven individual with a strong record of performance and delivering value to customers and bring new technologies to market.
- Strong business acumen and experience in working with large corporations in a matrix structure.
- Capable of dealing with customers and subcontractors at various levels including senior and executive management.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and fault-finding skills.
- Can establish a trust relationship with the client
- Able to handle situations of conflict and conflict resolution
- Takes the initiative and self-teach and obtain the necessary skills in learning the internal systems such as JIRA, Confluence etc. in support of project delivery and management.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.