Our client has grown steadily since the 1990’s without ever retrenching anyone. They hire for attitude and train for skill. Most staff have been there for over 10 years. Flexi-time, generous bonuses and the opportunity to learn and continuously evolve is encouraged. They follow an Agile methodology and are involved in a wide range of services that cross multiple business domains. A cornerstone of the business is research and innovation and continuous improvement. This environment is best suited to someone who enjoys learning, collaboration and working in a team.
- Product / policies design & implementation.
- Supporting CSM and developers with new and ongoing setup.
- Testing / verification of setup of product and functionality.
- Understanding the supporting functionality code at a high level.
- Presenting functional area capabilities to various teams.
- Taking ownership of configuration.
- Reviewing tasks wherein changes to the business function are implied, or new setup is needed, or upstream / downstream impact is suspected.
- Creating new business requirements for identified gaps in current offering.
- Identifying new business requirements to design business solutions.
- Identifying potential roadmap items that would enhance the solution for possible new development.
- Keeping abreast of industry regulations, developments, trends, etc.
- Presenting business / insurance training.
- Training / supporting in terms of functionality and configuration, as well as provide an induction to new team members.
- Working closely with Testers (internal and client) and regression teams.
- Facilitate with the client’s 3rd parties: Auditors, Actuaries, Accountants.
- Matric certificate.
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent experience.
Relevant Skills / Experience:
- 2 – 3 years in a similar role.
- Experience with the following:
- Writing requirements specifications for information systems.
- Manual and automated regression testing.
- Lending application systems.
- End to end experience of the development lifecycle, including testing and training.
- Familiar with UML terminology specifically relating to use-cases and activity diagrams.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Experience in Enterprise Architect or similar modelling tools would be advantageous.
PS Even if you feel you don’t have all the skills listed or if this spec isn’t what you are looking for, feel free to send your CV as we probably have other opportunities that could interest you. For a more comprehensive and updated list of opportunities that we have on offer, do visit our website – [URL Removed]
- Business Analyst
- Financial Services