Psybergate is an IT company that builds bespoke software solutions and provides specialised resourcing for client projects.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our financial services client based in Centurion for a 12-months contract role.
GWhat you will be doing:
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, enabling, and facilitating DevOps practices and optimizing the architecture and processes of the product and platforms required to meet business goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain the infrastructure required for implementing DevOps practices.
- Enable automated deployment of applications and configurations.
- Enable automated monitoring and alerting.
- Enable automated end-to-end testing.
- Enable continuous release processes, practices, and pipelines.
- Enable change management and audit requirements for release pipelines.
- Interest in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach.
- Open communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms such as easy-to-use tooling and automation.
- Practice sustainable incident response and drive root cause analysis.
What we are looking for:
- Completed BSc / IT degree or related fields.
- 2 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or similar role as an enabler of DevOps practices.
- 3 years of experience as a Software Engineer or Java or Developer Middleware administrator.
What Technologies you will use:
- Operating systems: Linux (*nix) administration.
- IAM, SSM, Route53, Loadbalancers, AWS Databases.
- Monitoring and alerting tools: Alerta, Selenium, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Elastic Stack.
- Application Servers: Node.js, nginx, springboot, Tomcat.
- Databases and tools: MongoDB, Mongo Ops Manager, DB2, Flyway, postgresql.
- Kubernetes: EKS Cluster management, Service Mesh, Application deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Docker: Nginx, Consul, docker-compose, cli.
- Automation: Cloudformation, Terraform, Boto3, Ansible.
- Build: Gitlab, Nexus, Jenkins.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change
- Node JS