Our client in the construction industry, a prefabricated homes manufacturer in KZN is currently in the market for a Project Manager.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Amanzimtoti, KZN
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management/BCom Project Management or Bachelors in Administration – Project Management
- Certificate in Microsoft Projects
- Min 5-8 years of Project Management in Technical or Construction field
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Professional presentation to represent nationally and internationally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review all contracts and bill of materials handed over from Exports Commercial Manager and
- Sales Consultant relating to Project and determine and define project scope and objectives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives, key milestones, and manage resources in aneffective and efficient manner.
- Chair kick off meetings with Project Teams and with Clients.
- Prepare budget for Projects based on scope of work and resource requirements.
- Track project costs against budget to meet budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan using MS Projects.
- Prepare project specific ITPs and QCPs.
- Consult with Technical Team to review and ensure construction drawings are on schedule to meet project deadlines.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to internal and external stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage and review contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Review and sign off all progress claim payments for Clients and Suppliers.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement for current and future projects.
- Manage and co-ordinate internal and external Project Teams.
- Project Manager
- Modular Homes
- Pre Fabricated