Main purpose of the job:
- To support the development and implementation of procedures, to enhance the accuracy and integrity of Ward21 CRS’s data
- Performing data cleaning, collaborating with the data manager to enhance data collection and storage procedures, and preparing data for analysis and use
- Monitor project progress and key trends in performance and data quality
- 22 Esselen Street, Hillbrow, Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Contribute to the development of a data quality strategy that aligns with the Ward21 CRS’s goals and objectives
- Support the review/development of a quality management system, including supporting appropriate data analysis and reporting
- Set up and implement systems for monitoring compliance with data quality protocols
- Perform statistical tests on large datasets to determine data quality and integrity
- Assess system performance and design, as well as its effect on data quality
- Collaborate with the Data Manager to improve database, data collection, and storage processes
- Create data dictionaries that define data terminology used in different projects
- Design and implement strategies and processes to increase ownership of data and commitment to data quality and data use
- Keep abreast of developments and trends in data quality management
- Reviewing data sets to ensure that they are accurate and complete including data cleansing to ensure that there are no duplicates, data is standardized
- Analyze data quality issues to determine their cause and impact on the organization and implement remedial actions
- Monitor project performance against targets
- Gathering data from primary or secondary data sources to identify and interpret trends
- Analyze data quality issues to inform training and prioritize information system needs.
- Conduct data audits and routine data quality assessments in different project sites, following prescribed protocols and provide feedback and support the implementation of remedial actions
- Support the timely development and submission of the funder and stakeholder reports
- Develop and implement regular supervisory reports for monitoring the data quality performance of teams and alert supervisors to suspicious data that should be followed up directly with health workers and their beneficiaries
- Conduct regular training of staff on data quality management including policies and protocols
Required minimum education and training:
- Degree/Diploma in the relevant field
Required minimum work experience:
- 3-5 years developing, implementing, and managing data quality management systems
- Working with donor-driven programs in the South African context
- Data quality capacity building and mentoring
- Report writing
- Proficiency in data quality management systems.
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Working in donor-driven projects in the South African context
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Data cleaning and preparation
- Data analysis and exploration
- Database development knowledge
- Advanced Excel
- Statistical knowledge
- Creating data visualizations
- Creating dashboards and reports
- Writing and communication
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 08 November 2023.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
- Computer Skills
- Monitoring Data Quality
About The Employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health [URL Removed] is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution