Compass Business Analyst will be responsible for the elicitation of requirements, documentation and implementation of business/product rules. Requirements for the system and process enhancements as well as legislative requirements. Compass configuration skills and knowledge, testing as well as support and root cause analysis of production issues.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Responsible for the execution and delivery on projects, enhancements and resolving production issues.
- Responsible for the elicitation of business and product rules during the analysis phase of the enhancement and minor projects, functional specifications on Compass system and configuration and the quality of testing outputs and deliverables.
- Decomposing complex problems into simple Compass solutions. Strong Compass knowledge in different sub-systems. Able to configure rules according to business, product and legislate rules e.g. Expense, Claims, Product configuration.
- Strong Compass understanding and application of Compass rules and architecture of sub subsystems.
- Strong Financial Services LISP and LIFE Product knowledge is required.
- Produce written functional requirement specifications for various system around Compass enhancements/maintenance/projects etc. by retrieving the requirements from business and holding JAD sessions and producing technical detail in order to meet business’s requirements.
- Effectively testing and test matrix for all requirements after development to ensure that they are working successfully as per FRD and to identify and fix any test defects before deploying for user acceptance testing and sign-off. Generate and review test packs and execute test cases.
- Root cause analysis of bugs to reduce and eliminate future risk.
We are essentially looking for someone who has Compass configuration experience that has worked within a retail space/LISP.
Education and Experience
- Business Analysis certification a plus
- BSc Computer Sciences / Information Systems or equivalent tertiary qualification (Advantageous)
- Qracle SQL knowledge and skills (Advantageous)
- Minimum 8 Years Compass experience
- Intermediate Compass Configuration skills and knowledge
- Linked investment structured product knowledge (LISP) / Retail
2 days work from office, 3 days from home
This position is for a 12 month contract, with the possibility to be extended, or for the position to be made permanent.
- compass configuration
- Business Analysis
- Oracle Sql
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
This is an opportunity to work in the Investment division of a large reputable corporate organization that is passionate about their people. The company focuses on innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change. It is a successful South African born company that has expanded globally.