Mid Software Developer
Location: Johannesburg/ Cape Town, Country
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance public services-creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability.
We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes through our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song. These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities. Visit [Email Address Removed]ining the feel of a start-up and the advantages of being a global player, Accenture Song truly has a diverse and multi-talented team. We are now strengthening our highly skilled team and are looking for people with management and technical expertise, and eagerness to develop and deliver digital solutions and transformation.
Are you ready to be part of a transformational journey that will reshape the digital landscape of Africa? A leading Pan-African telecommunications company is launching a groundbreaking Software Engineering Centre of Excellence (COE); dedicated to building future-focused digital products designed to empower and revolutionize the continent. This is your opportunity to join an innovative team and grow your career at the forefront of technological advancement, as we accelerate towards a brighter, more connected future for Africa.
The Mid Developer will work closely with the Senior Developer to manage both front-end and back-end development processes, implementing solutions from conception to final product according to business needs. The mid developer is required to implement and oversee the design, develop and maintenance of fully-fledged and functioning platforms
- Work within a Software Development team, following Agile development methodologies.
- Work with Project management and solution architects to estimate and scope out projects.
- Work with Creative team during planning, discovery, and production phase.
- Work with both front-end and back-end development teams to create and optimize solutions.
- Optimizing code for performance.
- Comment code and produce documentation to industry standards as needed.
- Produce code to the highest standards while adhering to industry accepted architecture and design pattern techniques and methodologies (e.g., MVC, SOA, OOP, DI etc.)
- Defining and developing API’s.
- Contribute to the analysis and design of software products and tools.
- Evaluate and advise on the technical feasibility.
- Create quality prototypes for a clearer understanding of UI designs.
- Test and confirm software is fit for purpose with intended audiences.
- Recommend and implement refinements and improvements.
- Follow formal Software Engineering best-practices.
- Mentoring and guiding team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- At least 5 years of experience in building Applications
- At least 4 years of experience with React and/or Angular
- Good understanding of OOPs concepts.
- Strong hands-on knowledge on HTML5, CSS3, ES6
- Strong understanding of the React Virtual DOM, JSX and API
- Hands on experience on REST APIs, GraphQL and WebSocket
- Experience with a State-management framework like Redux (with middleware) or MobX
- Understanding of cloud-based technologies, Azure, SQL and relational databases, SOAP and REST Web-Services, JSON, XML, MSAL.
- Comfortable with concepts like Container/Presentation components, Higher Order Components
- Worked with UI libraries like Material-UI, Semantic UI, Bootstrap or similar
- Good understanding of CSS in JS, aka scoped-css or Styled Components
- Unit testing with Karma Mocha or Jest
- Experience on working with frontend build systems and automating the same using Grunt / Gulp
- Exposure to Style Guides, Atomic Design
- Exposure to Scrum and Agile methodologies.
The team will be based in Johannesburg, Gauteng-South Africa; following a hybrid working model.
Why join us?
- We are a top employer in South Africa with certified excellence in employee conditions
- We offer a transparent, fast paced approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues
- You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and pioneering tools
- Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits including competitive rewards
- You will have access to state-of-the-art technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends
- You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
To learn more about life @AccentureSouthAfrica, follow us on social media and keep up with our latest news.
Accenture South Africa: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience