We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join an innovative hub within a big caompany in the health tech space. The Lab is a new division made up of a team of individuals from different
backgrounds with the aim to re-envision healthcare by conceptualising, testing, and incubating transformative innovations.
Our client’s innovative lab leverages knowledge in a “lean” innovation process. This allows the Lab to quickly design, test, and launch innovations.
The purpose of this role is to support with the required software engineering skills to guide and shape the design of the products, implement proof of concepts and functional mockups, tests and pilots, develop critical parts and to document and hand over the final code to the product production team.
Duties will include:
- Writing new code, operating, troubleshooting, maintaining, integrating and continually enhancing
- Working with other members (UX specialists, business analysts, product managers) in an Agile process
- Developing technical specifications to guide the optimal implementation of the products
- Coding the front-end (Angular/TypeScript) functionality and coding, or working with other teams to code the back-end services
- Debugging and optimizing as required
- Documenting and handing over code maintenance responsibility to product software teams.
- Tertiary degree in IT field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the software development industry with both front-end development and back-end experience across different technology sets (Web, mobile, desktop, microservices)
- 3+ years experience with Angular 2 (v12 or higher preferred) using a Typescript-based web UI framework is a necessity and mandatory for this role.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Firestore, Cloud Functions, and Firebase is an advantage
- Experience with JAVA/C#/SQL/JSON/XML development is beneficial
- Proficiency in software design principles and best practices, including but not limited to SOLID principles, modular design, separation of concerns, design patterns, and code reuse.
- Modern SDLC such as Agile methodology using Scrum and/or Kanban, is essential
- Experience in working with remote teams is highly advantageous
- Experience in healthcare is strongly preferred
- Systems Thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking) spanning client needs, product features and code.
- Problem-solving and optimizing for client value
- A keen eye for detail and ability to deliver user interface designs that both match requirements and provide a great customer experience
- A passion for product development and excellence
- Willingness to work as a member of a team, to work on personal brilliance while making the team better as a whole.
- Ability to deliver to challenging timelines with great quality
- High level of professional flexibility and openness to innovative new ideas
- Ability to self-manage, self-organise and work autonomously
- Strong ability and willingness to learn and have an open-mindedness to different approaches, ideas and points of view
- Ability to recognise constructive feedback in any critique
- Prepared and committed to continual learning and self-development
- Ability to challenge and be challenged on set ways of thinking, having an open and open mindset
- Ability to recognise and appreciate constructive feedback and constructive criticism
- In-depth understanding of industry-wide traditional enterprise (e.g. middleware, application servers, relational databases), web, mobile, IoT and modern technologies (e.g. NoSQL database, stream and data processing).
- Angular 2 (Version 12+ preferrable)
- Functional programming principles
- Application architecture principles
- Software design principles and patterns
- Java or C# (Advantageous)
- ORM, such as Hibernate (Advantageous)
NOTE – We ONLY accept online applications. We do not consider direct applications via Whatsapp or email. SALARY DISCLAIMER: The advertised salary range is merely a guideline to attract a range potentially suitable candidates to the advertised position. This doesn’t automatically mean that a successful candidate can claim an offer for the maximum advertised salary. It is the prerogative of the future employer to offer a candidate a market related remuneration package in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and level of experience
- full stack developer