A leading health insurance product (gap cover plans) provider in South Africa is looking for a talented senior Full Stack Developer to join their team and work on a variety of projects, including web and mobile applications. As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for both front-end and back-end development, database management, and various deployment and integration tasks. You should be proficient in a range of technologies and capable of adapting to different project requirements.
- Take ownership of several existing internal systems.
- Develop and maintain web and mobile applications.
- Implement back-end solutions using technologies like C#, Python, and Docker
- Manage relational databases (MariaDB and SQL Server) and work with stored procedures.
- Handle deployment processes for Android (PlayStore) and Apple (iStore) devices.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure successful client activations.
- Understand and work with IIS, Apache, and other web server technologies.
- Integrate third-party services and APIs into their applications.
- Maintain and enhance existing codebases to meet evolving project requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise, ensuring high system reliability.
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical support to other team members.
- Perform necessary user and business support.
- Any other duties as requested by the company from time to time.
- BSc (Computer Science/Software Engineering) or equivalent
- At least 7 to 10 years work experience in similar role
- Proficiency in C#, Python, and Docker for back-end development
- Experience with MariaDB, SQL Server, and database management
- Familiarity with Android and Apple device deployment processes
- Knowledge of web server technologies like IIS and Apache
- Ability to Design, develop and implement end-to-end systems
- Business analysis experience advantageous
- Experience in Financial/Insurance sector advantageous
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and lateral thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here [URL Removed] e-mail a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference number of the job.