Role: Systems Administrator/DevOps Engineer
Our client is a leading ISP/ICT company and they require a dynamic and driven individual to take ownership of their role. The Systems Admin/Dev Ops Engineer role involves maintaining, upgrading and managing a diverse and growing infrastructure environment. You will be asked to explore, evaluate and implement new software tools and technologies to help automate and simplify processes in order to achieve strategic goals. Some of the key technologies you will be working with and will need to provide guidance on include: Windows Servers, Linux Servers (Multiple flavours), VMware, Ansible, Kubernetes, Azure and AWS.
They are a fabulous company to work for and have an awesome company culture, they are dynamic, supportive and collaborative and they really take care of their staff and have perks such as a canteen where meals are supplied (breakfast & lunch).
- Proven experience as a Systems Administrator or DevOps Engineer
- 5 years years proficiency in Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms and containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Python, Perl or other languages)
- Knowledge of automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- VMware knowledge and experience
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Systems Administrator
- DevOps Engineer