Business Analyst – Insurance Software Tech!
Hybrid working model opportunity
Enjoy a dynamic and enriching work environment within the cutting-edge insurance technology industry. The purpose of the Business Analyst role is creating business value through consultation, facilitation and relationship management.
The Position: We’re looking for an innovative Business Analyst to be based permanently in Bryanston. The pay range on offer is R35 000.00 to R45 000.00 Per Month – dependent on skills, qualification and experience within the Insurance Software industry.
How to Apply:
For your application to be considered, please email your CV along with your Payslip and Academic Transcript to Tatum Martin on [Email Address Removed] – only candidates with suitable experience will be contacted.
- Completed Matric – essential
- Completed BSc Computer Science or BCom Informatics Degree – an absolute must have
- Accredited Business Analysis Certification – highly beneficial
- Team player with problem solving skills
- Knowledge of business and understanding of IT, and ability to converse in both domains
- Ability to articulate complex or technical concepts and issues in business terms
- Relationship development
- Sound knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, writing effective use cases and the application of the appropriate UML models for business analysis
- Sound knowledge of agile frameworks & methodology
- Client journey mapping and Client Experience knowledge could be an advantage
- Exposure to analysis methodologies, process disciplines and SDLC methodologies
- Analytical thinking
- Liaise with the business to arrange workshops, interviews, meetings and for the collection and distribution of the strategic business documents
- Produce Business Requirements Specifications (BRS) and prepare use case specifications / user stories supported by appropriate UML diagrams and identification of test conditions
- Identify and define business requirements for new business models/applications or changes to existing models/applications.
- define the features and stories along with grooming and the prioritization of the team backlog
- Analyse various business documents for input into plans, business requirements specification documents, functional requirements documents and project documents
- Document Plans, Business Requirement Specifications, functional requirements and project documents for various initiatives and solutions
- Conduct interviews with key role-players within the various departments to further understand their business processes, needs and challenges
- Participate in transitioning the requirements and use cases to Systems Analysts and Designers and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Develop business process models as required per project
- Ensure effective communication with the business i.e. making sure the business understands what is required from them for the success of the project
- Conduct feasibility studies
- Review test approach and test cases to ensure coverage of relevant business scenarios.
- Participate in quality management reviews throughout the business change life cycle and systems development life cycle to ensure requirements are fulfilled
- Participate in review of test results to ensure that business requirements have been met
- Be actively involved in limited testing if required on a particular project
- Prepare business cases and conduct business and IT risk assessments
- Conduct solution assessment
We will reply on applications that get shortlisted only. Therefore, please deem your application as unsuccessful if you have not received feedback after 7 days.
Work references, criminal checks and qualification checks will be done on the successful candidate.
- Business analysis
- Process Modelling
- Business Process Analysis
- Business Process
- Requirement Gathering
- Process Mapping
- Business Process Mapping
- Requirements elicitation
- Workflow Analysis
- Requirements Gathering
- Analyse Business Processes
- Use Case
- Data Analysis
- As-is process
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: