THE technical expertise of a highly analytical & solutions-driven Senior BI ETL Developer is sought by a dynamic Financial Services Group where you will take charge of creating ETL processes for transforming data residing in various source systems into actionable information using ETL tools and coding primarily in Transact-SQL. You will also be expected to interpret user requirements, building data pipelines to populate data structures that are easily accessible while providing accurate information which supports consistent and informed operational, tactical, and strategic business decisions. To be successful in this role you will need to possess a suitable IT-related tertiary qualification or similar, have 8+ years’ experience working with the Microsoft BI Stack and be well versed in SQL, SSIS, T-SQL and the Ralph Kimball methodology.
- Analysis of new requirements and adjusting the design of existing star schemas or designing new star schemas to meet query / reporting requirements.
- Adjust existing ETL processes, or design and build new ETL processes to accommodate new requirements.
- Testing and reconciliation of warehouse data to source data to ensure data integrity.
- Adhere to the company’s internal BI SDLC and development methodologies.
- Provide a high-level of customer service.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or similar.
- 8+ Years’ commercial Business Intelligence (Microsoft Stacks) development
- Essential technology experience: SQL, SSIS.
- Working understanding of the Ralph Kimball methodology.
Other technologies utilised in the BI Department:
- Active Batch
- Visio / Vertabello Modelling tools
- Visual Studio
- Cognos / Tableau / Python
- Power BI
- SSAS, MDX, Tabular experience.
- Experience in the Business Intelligence environment in Financial Services or Retail industry.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills essential.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery is important.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work to and manage deadlines.
- Flexible, able to change focus when required.
- Presentable with excellent communication skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here [URL Removed] e-mail a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference number of the job.