Our client is a development company with branches in Stellenbosch and Johannesburg, specializing in the development of cutting-edge agricultural technologies. They are currently searching for a Data Analyst as part of their Data as a Service (DaaS) team. The primary goal of the DaaS team is to provide data services, which in turn will generate new revenue streams for the company. Members of the DaaS team should have a comprehensive understanding of all company departments and their operations. Their responsibilities include researching ideas and devising appropriate solutions to enhance clients’ data requirements through innovative approaches and the utilization of existing tools in Azure. Formal qualifications for this position may include Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or Data Engineer certifications.
- Close co-operation with Daas management
- Be able to deliver consistent value in meeting client’s needs.
- Strong project management skills to oversee the project from start to completion.
- Understand all departments within the company and go through the necessary training.
- Effectively prioritise deliverables by being systematic and pragmatic
- Client engagement.
- Initial Scoping and requirement gathering.
- Creating dashboard mock-ups.
- Project planning (timelines / prioritization – model setting up tickets in Jira).
- Translate client needs.
- Confluence and project documentation.
- Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Data Engineer
Knowledge, Competencies and Skills:
- SQL Server Management Studio
- ETL, Pipelines
- Power BI
- Data Skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong numerical and Analytical
Job Related Experience
- Work under pressure, tight deadlines
- Process flow and business diagrams
- Problem Solving
- Communication (written / verbal)
- Independent self-starter
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.