- Excellent Core Java skills.
- Experienced within the Banking/Finance industry.
- Good knowledge of Concurrency and Multithreaded Programming.
- Experience of developing Low Latency pricing and trading systems in a Linux environment.
- Application performance profiling and optimisation.
- eFX development experience in a low latency, zero GC environment.
- Development experience in STP / OMS / EMS / Market Connectivity / Messaging / eFX Risk / Pricing.
- Knowledge of institutional encodings (FIX, SBE).
- Fault tolerant, high availability, distributed computing.
- Knowledge of low latency messaging (e.g., Chronicle, Aeron, 29West).
- Docker / Kubernetes / Public Cloud including AWS.
- Experience in infrastructure management with strong focus on AWS, networking (TCP/UDP/FIX/DNS/WebSocket, multicast) and mindset for solid security.
- Long-term Linux user with intimate knowledge of running servers and performance tuning.
- Experience with building event-driven systems using Netty, Chronicle, Aeron and SBE.
- Experience of automated End-to-end Testing.
- Experience of Injection/Inversion of control and Event driven Architecture patterns.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban) & Continuous Delivery.
- A lover of Java and a problem solver.
- A great team player.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here [URL Removed] e-mail a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference number of the job.