PLAY a key role in the growth and development of an exciting UK-based FinTech startup seeking your coding expertise as a Senior Java Engineer to join its team and help build innovative financial products. Working on its payment industry first, you will craft complex technical solutions building a full trade/payment lifecycle platform, targeting tier1 banks, MSBs and NGOs. Applicants will need exceptional Core Java skills, a deep understanding of Event-driven Architecture patterns and low-latency messaging, including experience with technologies like Kafka, a proven track record of designing and implementing secure, public-facing APIs utilizing OAuth2 and REST, along with the development of services that support web UIs. Your tech tools should also include Microservices, Docker, Chronicle Queues/Services, MongoDB Atlas, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, TeamCity, Rocky Linux, and React/Redux UIs.
- Exceptional Core Java Skills: Your Java skills are top-notch, and you’re ready to leverage them to create cutting-edge solutions.
- Event-Driven Architecture: A deep understanding of Event-driven Architecture patterns and low-latency messaging, including experience with technologies like Kafka.
- API Expertise: A proven track record of designing and implementing secure, public-facing APIs utilizing OAuth2 and REST, along with the development of services that support web UIs. The desire to learn FIX/SBE and other trading related encodings and protocols.
- Microservices and Docker: Experience with microservices architecture and know your way around Docker containers.
- Concurrency and Multithreading: Proficient in concurrency and multithreaded programming, ensuring the efficient execution of your code.
- Performance Optimisation: Can optimise application performance, ensuring that our systems run smoothly and efficiently.
- Distributed Computing: You’ve worked on building fault-tolerant, high-availability, distributed computing systems.
- Injection/Inversion of Control: Familiar with dependency injection and inversion of control principles.
- Automated Testing: Experience with Automated Testing to maintain the reliability of systems.
- Agile and Continuous Delivery: You’ve thrived in Agile environments (Scrum, Kanban) and are comfortable with continuous delivery practices, even when collaborating with remote team members.
- Infrastructure Management: Possess some experience in infrastructure management, with a focus on performance, networking, and security.
- Tech Stack Familiarity: Acquainted with our technology stack, which includes Java, Chronicle Queues/Services, MongoDB Atlas, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, TeamCity, Rocky Linux, and React/Redux UIs.
Nice to haves –
- Domain experience in banking/finance and, in particular, FX and cross-border payments
- Experience with trading systems and, in particular, Low-Latency Programming.
- Experience with core payment systems and, in particular, SWIFT MT/MX and ISO20022.
- Development experience working on broker trader platforms, single or multi-deal platforms or FX/Crypto exchanges.
- Some team/project leadership experience.
- Full Stack development experience.
Java Enthusiast and Problem Solver: Java is your language of choice, and you enjoy tackling complex problems with creativity and innovation.
Team Player and Self-Starter: You thrive in a collaborative environment, but you’re also self-motivated and can take ownership of your work.
Startup Enthusiast: You aspire to work in a startup environment, where you can be part of a product’s journey from inception to launch and beyond.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here [URL Removed] e-mail a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference number of the job.