The search is on for a Senior Software Project Manager with 10+ years of experience in IT project management and 2+ years’ experience as a PM team lead. Our project managers are responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software and web projects. The Team Lead not only manages their own projects, but also assists their team members, acts as a point of escalation for the team, manages team meetings and conducts performance check-ins and reviews.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and resources
- Create and deliver accurate and engaging presentations to clients
- Work closely with resources to ensure that client’s expectations are met and projects are delivered timeously
- Identify and communicate project risks throughout project lifecycles
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Liaise with testers and developers throughout the test cycle to ensure the quality of projects delivered
- Ensure projects are delivered on budget
- Create opportunities for future projects or enhancements
- Manage the project management team
- Point of escalation for project management
- Practical IT project management skills essential
- 10+ years’ experience in an IT project manager role (software, not hardware)
- Proven history of successfully managing a team of project managers for 2+ years
- Understanding of the principles of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Dev Ops
- Good writing and communication skills
- Technical background and exposure to .NET and web development projects
- Exposure to continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology
- Exposure to cloud technologies
- Confident and professional
- Effective, highly organised and detail orientated
Please note: Applicants must have a high-speed internet connection at home, as well as a load-shedding back-up and a quiet space to work.
Applicants must hold valid South African passports or work permits valid until at least 2026.
Salary is dependent on experience.
This is initially a contract position, but may become permanent should both parties agree.
- Project Manager
- team leader
Desired Work Experience:
- More than 10 years Software
- More than 10 years IT Project Administration / Management
About The Employer:
Pure Solutions is an established online development company with a variety of large corporate clients. We work in a professional and comfortable work environment where focus is on teamwork, collaboration, and the ability to achieve results. While we are based in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town, we are fully remote for the foreseeable future. This role will suit a team player who is also comfortable working at home and connecting with their colleagues and clients online.