Senior Java Developer
Go where initiative is appreciated
R80 000 – R120 000
Our client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their team. The purpose of the role is to research, analyze and evaluate requirements for existing or new software applications and designs, develops, tests and maintains software solutions.
You will be responsible for constructing and implementing software platforms at Application and enterprise sub-system level and understands system functionality at enterprise sub-system level. Object-orientated as well as functional programming mindset and will generally be proficient in two or more programming languages and adheres and works with the tech lead to develop and evolve standards within the team. Understands and interprets complex technical system specifications. Participates in JAD sessions. Designs, codes, and tests and debugs programs according to program specifications. Produces technical and user documentation. May have responsibility for supervision and mentoring of trainee and more junior Programmers. Has responsibility for quality code walk-through. Understands working as part of a project team.
- Degree or Diploma in Software Development or Computer Science
- 7+ Years Software Development/Programming Experience
- Mentoring software developers
- Experience in SDLC
- Experience in Jira and Confluence or other ticketing system
- Experience in Database Design
- Experience in the Financial Sector would be advantageous
- Additional Information
- Principle responsibilities
- Delivery of solution, by way of code, that addresses the stated requirement and adheres to structural and performance standards.
- Support of deployed applications, as they manifest in the production environment.
- Effective communication and task management within the auspices of defined objectives and in accordance with the management reporting line.
- Adherence to SDLC policy and process, including maintenance thereof
- Provide a strong technical direction by establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements, and managing the technical quality of team deliverables.
- Ensure that the team uses appropriate engineering practices (such as CD or automated testing), invests in continual improvements to tooling or technical debt management, and that systems evolve to meet changing needs and environments.
- Assist your team with any technical challenges by using your own knowledge and experience in software development.
- Escalate and delegate tasks to appropriate team members ensuring deliverables are met and system knowledge is shared across the team.
- Participate in staff recruiting and interview processes.
- Modular responsibility for the identification and generation of recommendation where personal development is indicated or desired.
- Modular responsibility for the identification and generation of recommendation where rationalization or enhancement will provide benefit to the local unit.
- Modular responsibility to the technical development of junior, intermediate and senior programming resources.
As Specialist Recruiters for professionals in your industry, we are well geared to represent your best career interests. Whether you are an active job seeker or just browsing, let’s have a no stress conversation about your next career move! It’s always good to have a great recruiter looking out for you!
For more exciting positions visit our website [URL Removed] or Call us on [Phone Number Removed]; and quote this advert.
Please note if you have not received feedback within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful for this particular opportunity.
- Java Developer
- Database Design