A prominent company specializing in state-of-the-art Telecommunications Solutions based in Stellenbosch is in search of a Software Engineer. The role entails collaborating with cross-functional teams to create user-friendly interfaces and application server components that support data organization, exploration, analysis, visualization, GIS, and workflow. The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of a B.Sc. in Computer Science, B.Eng., or an equivalent qualification, along with 2 to 5 years of pertinent experience in a related role.
- In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams to develop intuitive and user-friendly interfaces and supporting application server components for data organisation, data exploration, data analysis, data visualisation, GIS, and workflow.
- Pay attention to requirements, design, and user experience to produce a flawless product that encourages user adoption and satisfies customers.
- Demonstrate great passion for developing robust, reliable, high-throughput systems used by hundreds of expert operators, analysts, and administrators.
- Help us strengthen their position as an industry leader by providing insight into telecoms big data delivered by large, distributed processing systems, technology advances and software architecture design.
- Java FX
- Eclipse RCP
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Minimum B.Sc. Computer Science, B. Eng or equivalent
- Minimum 2 -5 years’ relevant experience in an aligned position
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Full stack UI development
- Familiar with UX interaction design process with familiarity of user research, personas, and information architecture
- Experience in automated test development and processes to support continuous integration
- Experience in multithreaded performance centric design
- Experience in deploying solutions to production, providing support and maintenance, dealing with user and support feedback, and troubleshooting to rapidly solve problems
- Experience in design and development for distributed service-oriented architectures and asynchronous messaging
- Experience in integration of diverse systems in a service-oriented architecture
- Dependency injection
- Refactoring skills
- Semantic versioning
- Software development effort estimation and planning
- Application of SOLID design principles and principles of modular application architecture
- Innovative, solving tough problems and revealing unique solutions.
- Detail orientated approach that seeks to gain a deep understanding of the domain.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to promote collaboration and enhance teamwork.
- Aspire to learn new skills and research to gain knowledge.
- Takes initiative, prioritizes his or her time and works independently with little need for supervision.
- Desires to improve and drive change that leads to higher quality and productivity for the whole team.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here [URL Removed] e-mail a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference number of the job.