Main purpose of the job:
- To provide oversight, and management of the DMOC interventions within the specified geographical area in achievement of project targets and improved HIV and TB-related health outcomes
- Wits RHI – Tshwane (Pretoria)
Key performance areas:
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of DMOC within the supported district, including but not limited to supporting the implementation of either model of care for adolescents and youth (AFYS), men, women or older persons
- Provide direction, programme implementation guidance and support to sub-district-based managers to ensure delivery of the DMOC components of the project
- Track and monitor all programme components, including operations research projects as applicable, using agreed indicators
- Support the development and review of work plans and other programme documents for effective implementation of the programme
- Support the development of programme tools such as SOPs and technical guidelines and contribute to the development of other programme documents as required
- Coordinate and troubleshoot all programme-related activities within the supported district
- Contribute to the development of best practice reports, technical publications and other programme resources as required
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure and support the implementation of activities according to the plan
- Ensure compliance with the relevant components of the programme area, in collaboration with other RHI teams
- Support the identification and implementation of Quality Improvement projects within the programme area
- Participate in monthly progress meetings with the sub-district team to monitor progress of the strategic plan and deliverables
- Provide direct service delivery as required to ensure outputs are met and programme targets achieved, and support junior staff with the management of complex clinical cases within the focus area
- Supervise and manage line reports in keeping with Wits RHI policies and procedures
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Supervise and manage the duties of line reports to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action
- Coach and train team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organisation
- Facilitate skills transfer from programme staff to DOH counterparts
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information
- Develop and effectively manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders including DoH, DSD, donors, partners and relevant Wits RHI structures
- Maintain close communication with the Wits RHI M&E/SI team to ensure adequate and regular reporting to district management and facility DoH managers
- Serve as a representative of the relevant DMOC programme on both internal and external forums/working groups within the supported districts
- Report on key achievements, challenges and successes according to programme reporting timelines
- Ensure high-quality data is reported according to reporting timelines
- Ensure DMOC programme data is regularly reviewed and analysed, gaps identified and action plans or mitigation plans implemented
- Disseminate accurate reports to internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as forums, conferences, policy-setting workshops, etc.
Required minimum education and training:
- Professional Nursing Degree/Diploma, or equivalent
Required minimum work experience:
- 5 years of Management experience within a donor-funded public health or private healthcare programme
- South African Nursing Council
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Postgraduate Degree or Diploma in Public Health, Management or related fields
- Ability to review and analyse programme data for decision-making
- Excellent levels of written and verbal English communication skills
- Preference for experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Differentiated Models of Care, including models of care for Adolescents and Youth, Men, Women, or Older Persons
- Experience managing a PEPFAR-funded project
Demands of the job:
- Travel will be required within and outside of the district
- Ability to work in a highly demanding and pressurized environment, flexibility, management, training and leadership experience
Communications and relationships:
- Develop and effectively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders (Relevant Wits RHI Structures, DoH, donors, partners at all levels)
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 26 January 2024.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
- Computer Skills
- Project Management
About The Employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health [URL Removed] is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution