Main purpose of the job:
- Contribute to the provision of a comprehensive approach to quality improvement in data management and data analytics in a specified geographical area, in support of reaching CDC and DOH programme objectives
- Wits RHI – Tshwane (Pretoria)
Key performance areas:
- Participate in the implementation of data quality and reporting needs assessments for the specified facility (ies)
- Provide M&E technical assistance, as required, to RHI’s projects
- Identify and implement efficiencies in data collection, compilation, review, reporting, feedback and action plans
- Participate in the implementation of M&E needs assessments for the allocated district
- Review all data (DHIS2, Tier, ETR, other systems) to identify gaps in the facility’s information systems
- Work with the PMs, QIAs and technical teams to develop M&E activities in response to the specific needs and priorities of the facility (ies)
- In conjunction with the PM and facility team, develop annual work plans for the position, and timelines for implementing the proposed activities
- Monitor PEPFAR project outputs closely, including at the facility level
- Report progress on a monthly/quarterly basis as required by specific indicators
- Participate in data verification and reporting activities
- Facilitate, and co-ordinate the timely and accurate submission of data for program and donor reporting
- Implement the proposed activities in the district (including Tier, ETR, DHIS2 and NIDS rollouts)
- Provide support to the Data Capturers & DoH Information Officers for:
- Appropriate reporting of all data to the TIER, DHIS2 (facility to district levels)
- Extraction & review of information from TIER and DHIS2 for monitoring purposes
- Conduct routine review of the data at the facility level and provide data quality support as appropriate
- Conduct routine synch-TIER data alignment and provide data quality support as appropriate
- Revise activities based on the data, implementation experiences, and the programme feedback meetings
- Generate timely reports from activities conducted
- Participate in regular feedback and planning sessions with the line manager, facility and other technical teams, and DoH counterparts
- Establish/participate in data quality forums at the facility
- Participate in facility and sub-district data review meetings (to support data use)
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Participate in the recruitment processes of facility-based M&E staff (including the development and marking of competency assessments)
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organisation
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as conferences, workshops, etc.
- Act as the first point of contact in assisting DoH managers at the facility, sub-district & district levels with data-related issues or mentoring
- Maintain accurate records to document processes and outputs
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the institute staff around programmatic inputs and outputs
- Communication with local, regional and other collaborators and stakeholders including donors and sponsors when and if required
- Participate in and contribute to the development and achievement of the institute’s corporate goals and objectives
Required minimum education and training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health-related field (Monitoring & Evaluation, Public Health, Science, etc.)
Required minimum work experience:
- Experience in Public Health or relevant field working with Monitoring and Evaluation systems:
- With a Bachelor’s Degree: 2 years experience
- With a Diploma: 4 years experience
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation: data management and data analysis in the healthcare sector and 1 year of experience working with donor-driven programmes
- Ability to develop data cleaning, storage systems and creating databases
- Experience working at various levels of data collection
- Experience with the [URL Removed] DHIS2, [URL Removed] and other DoH/PEPFAR data systems
- Experience writing reports for internal use and external stakeholders such as the Department of Health
- Demonstrated ability to build capacity of staff members on monitoring & evaluation systems
- Experience in implementing and supervising quality improvement work
- Experience in training, coaching and material development
- Experience in clinical systems and data management
- Experience in change management
Demands of the job:
- Working overtime and over weekends may be required
- Local travel will be required
- Able to work in a highly pressurized environment
Communications and relationships:
- Work with Institute management, subordinates and support staff as well as DOH and donors
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 26 January 2024.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
- 3D Animation
- Computer Skills
- Information Gathering
About The Employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health [URL Removed] is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution