Psybergate is an IT company that builds bespoke software solutions and provides highly skilled resources to its clients.
We are looking for a Automation Test Analyst to join our financial services client based in Sandton for a 12-months contract role.
What you will be doing:
- Use the automation framework and pre-defined test tools to inspect, analyse, design, develop and implement re-useable automated test assets to quality assure the solution and its architecture to ensure the overall quality of the solution.
- Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders through transparent communication which align to the company Values.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance Leads, Practise Leads, Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our clients.
- Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
- Delivery of a well-structured quality assurance solution, aligned to enterprise quality practices and standards, within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
- Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
- Contribute to the systematic breakdown of the business needs into manageable feature(s), stories and epics that can be delivered.
- Participate in the backlog grooming.
- Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and acceptance criteria per story.
- Discuss the low level design and functional requirements with the QA Lead, Application/Solution Architect to understand the approach to test automation.
- Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the automation frameworks and overall platform.
- Develop the automation code using the automation test kit for execution.
- Implement the test automation solutions with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint.
- Ensure the test automation solution meets the architectural and development standards that are re-usable and scalable.
- Confirm that the automation test code implemented is appropriately catalogued, stored and aligns with the required governance.
- Ensure artefacts are easy obtainable by storing all relevant artefacts in the repository
- Integration into and test automation execution on DevOps pipelines.
- Log defects using the pre-defined defect management process and tool, and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
- Identify potential product risks and communicate to the QA Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
- Report status of testing to the squad daily.
- Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and that the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
- Participate in all retrospective reviews.
- Participate in the showcase to stakeholders.
- Understand and manage own time based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
- Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the company eco-system.
- Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
- Mentor the Software Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the company Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
What we are looking for:
- Completed IT / BSc degree or other related fields
- 5 years’ experience as an Automation Test Analyst
- Good working knowledge of Front End and API automation as well as Performance Testing (NFT).
- Tools include Selenium/Appium/Healenium, RestAssured and JMeter.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- API Automation