Our client a specialist fabrication and installation company for the residential market, requires a Junior Project Manager to join their team in Kempton Park.
Matric and tertiary Diploma / Qualification is essential
Valid drivers license and own transport is essential
Experience with residential installations, quotes, costing, customer liaison and site visits is essential to have. This is not negotiable.
- Assist Sales Director by managing projects
- Travel to clients on a daily basis
- Liaising with clients and suppliers
- Take measurements on site
- Preparing quotations
- Prepare costings on projects
- Manage procurement of materials
- Manage the fabrication of stone products
- Manage administrative requirements of projects
- Working with installation teams on project specifics
- Site supervision where necessary
- Work together with office staff for the preparation of documents, site materials, etc. where necessary
- Work together with Health and Safety Officer where projects have special health and safety requirements
- Drafting communications
- Invoicing, statements and customer account management
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Good understanding of drawings and shopfitting.
- Technical knowledge of construction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with all Microsoft applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Superior organizational and follow-through skills with strong attention given to details and deadlines.
- Flexibility to change direction frequently between tasks and between different clients
- Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects while prioritizing, planning and organizing projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as work cooperatively with all levels of management and employees
- Open to constructive feedback and on-going self-improvement
- Flexibility to work additional hours during peak periods of the year
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Basic salary