Main purpose of the job:
- Lead the supplier engagement and contract management workstream for the market-shaping output
- Parktown – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Lead the supplier engagement and contract management workstream
- Work closely with CHAI, and oversee the supplier management/deal negotiation process
- Work closely with CHAI’s India-based supplier relations team and, on behalf of Wits RHI, lead on generic supplier engagements, throughout the design and execution of market shaping interventions and the development of deal terms and contract negotiation
- Engage in job shadowing (of CHAI) during technical meetings with suppliers and manufacturers
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with CHAI, drug manufacturers, and other stakeholders as relates to the supplier engagement and contract management workstream
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with WHC legal and contracting departments
- Convene and/or attend and lead supplier meetings with manufacturers and other stakeholders as relates to contract initiation and management
- Oversee the contractual relationship with CHAI and ensure that they, as sub-grantee meet all their key technical deliverables
- Work closely with CHAI to closely monitor manufacturer performance
- Closely manage the contractual relationship with manufacturers as relates to incentives
- Troubleshoot contractual challenges and resolve as appropriate
- Attend manufacturer site visits as necessary
- Oversee the planning and coordination of the supplier engagement and contract management workstream
- Ensure coordination with the drug development & regulatory processes workstream
- Contribute to the technical coordination between Wits RHI, Unitaid, CHAI, and all other stakeholders and ensure that Wits RHI is represented
- Support optimal communication between and across the Wits RHI and CHAI teams is optimal and that program activities are coordinated and leveraged
- Contribute to the achievement of Wits RHI’s corporate goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in key global, regional, and national stakeholders for a Line Manager and give day-to-day direction to one project manager: supplier engagement and contract manager. Dotted line management of two other positions (project administrator and project statistician)
- Report monthly on key achievements, challenges, and any anecdotal success stories
- Contribute to and support financial management and control as related to the above human resources and other activities
- Manage line reports in keeping with Wits RHI policies and procedures
- Plan, convene, and produce reports for monthly one-on-one meetings with supervised staff to monitor performance and support
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Oversee the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilization and maintenance of sound labor relations
- Plan, organize and lead staff performance assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and plan and implement necessary corrective action
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organization
- Lead the promotion of harmony, teamwork, and sharing of information
- Provide day-to-day support to all project staff
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as forums, conferences, policy-setting workshops, etc.
Required minimum education and training:
- A Graduate-level Degree in Business, Economics, Law, Public Health, or related disciplines
Required minimum work experience:
- At least 8 years of professional experience in demanding, results-oriented environments
- Experience developing licensing and product development agreements in support of generic product entry into new markets
- Experience envisioning, executing, and monitoring market-shaping interventions, including supplier compliance, aimed at improving the efficiency of health commodity markets for low- and middle-income markets
- Experience building and maintaining trust-based senior relationships with existing and potential suppliers of drugs and diagnostics in low- and middle-income markets by providing market insights and contacts, offering targeted support and guidance to navigate regulatory and procurement processes
- Experience supporting the capacitation of new/junior team members with more limited experience in product development and commercialization and regulatory affairs
- Ability to collaborate remotely with team members spread across geographies
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to navigate complicated situations, excellent levels of written and verbal English communication skills, ability to communicate in other SA languages, preferably area-appropriate
Demands of the job:
- Travel will be required within and outside of South Africa
- Work can be highly demanding and pressurized, and requires flexibility, management, training, and leadership experience
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 16 February 2024.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
- Computer Skills
- Public / Non-Profit Administration
About The Employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health [URL Removed] is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health, and vaccinology.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid Contribution
- Provident Fund Contribution