- Containerisation of applications and services using Docker, as well as implementing continuous delivery pipelines (development, staging, production) for routine and stable releases of all respective services.
- Co-design and implementation of systems architecture to support client-executed software where applicable. For example, facilitating persisting configuration/other client-created data in a database and APIs to support sensible models for client-server data exchanges. These tasks will be done through effective communication with fellow Developers and product stakeholders.
- Mentor and upskill junior and mid-level staff.
- National Diploma / Degree or equivalent in Information Science, Technology, Computer Science, or related field (NQF 6).
- Relevant experience in Software and Systems Development. A minimum of 3-4 years of documented experience in Software Development and Engineering practices (System Design, Quality Control and Revision/Version Control) is required.
- Experience working with relational databases using SQL.
- Experience working with JSON data and JSON APIs.
- Experience in the use of Version Control software.
- Working with and visualising geospatial data.
- Python and/or R Programming experience.
- Exposure to Data Science and Statistical Analysis
- Experience working with Elasticsearch and/or related technologies.
- Familiarity with the Linux command line and performing administrative tasks on Linux servers.
- Any experience in Mobile App Development.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Apply here [URL Removed] OR e-mail a Word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference number of the job.