Psybergate is an IT company that builds bespoke software solutions and provides highly skilled resources to its clients.
We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA) to join our financial services client based in Sandton for a 12-months contract role.
What you will be doing:
- Create and maintain business database objects within an IDMS and DB2 subsystem.
- Perform database tuning to ensure the DBMS functions at optimal levels.
- Schedule database maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot database and DBMS errors and provide solutions to support business when required.
- Provide input and implement operational and business strategies, industry best practices and ensure necessary ITO governance is in place.
- Perform database monitoring and notification to ensure optimal data access, to support business database applications in line with contractual agreements.
- Perform a database consultation role and provide design solutions to Business Development and Service Management to support initiatives when required for current and future projects.
- Be an integral part of the disaster recovery (DR) team which designs, performs and documents disaster recovery procedures.
- Service all incidents, changes and requests and ensure that SLAs are met.
- Enforce security standards to prevent data being compromised and to maintain database integrity.
- Provide managerial reports of database utility, capacity and utilisation in order for them to make informed decisions.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers for incident handling.
What we are looking for:
- IT degree or equivalent industry accreditation preferred
- 8 years within the IT industry with at least 5 of those years being an operational DBA within a large complex corporate environment
- 4 years working experience on IDMS/DB2 databases.
- Understanding of mainframe operating system concepts and experience in another mainframe discipline.
- Experience in participating in a DR exercise.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- DR exercise
- database administration