SA travel fintech scores $300k funding from US investors

South African travel-focused fintech TurnStay.com has secured $300 000 (over R5,4-million) funding from Silicon Valley and New York-based investors: DFS Lab and DCG. The company plans to use the funding to expand the business into Africa and build on the significant...

LG extends AI offerings with Athom acquisition

LG Electronics (LG) has acquired an 80% stake in Athom, a smart home platform company based in the Netherlands. The agreement includes plans to acquire the remaining 20% within the next three years. This strategic move aims to enhance LG’s connectivity within...

The case for appointing an alternate director

The recent SENS announcement by a JSE-listed company that it had appointed an alternate director raises an important issue: while the Companies Act allows for the appointment of alternate directors, is it good governance? Professor Parmi Natesan, CEO of the Institute...

Turrito aims to empower IT teams with Argantic acquisition

Internal IT teams face a multitude of unique challenges, requiring specialised skills and experience to address specific needs. Traditional IT systems, which are often rigid and expensive to modify, only intensify these issues. The pressure to rapidly adapt...

Ricoh makes Time listing for sustainability

Ricoh has been included in the Time World’s Most Sustainable Companies of 2024. As one of the top 500 companies from over more than 30 countries, Ricoh ranked 151st in the overall ranking and 8th out of 39 in the Electronics, Hardware & Equipment industry...
New MD for Obscure Technologies

New MD for Obscure Technologies

Obscure Technologies has announced the appointment of Francois van Hirtum, previously chief technology officer and a founding member of the company, to the position of MD with immediate effect. “Obscure Technologies has enjoyed exponential growth since its...